News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DSO Mini Medal Bar w/Legion of Honor

Lucky enough to pick up this interesting mini bar. What intrigued me was not only the DSO with bar, but the LOH with the finial balls as brilliants (hard to see in the photo). Is this something that would be traceable based on the 2 x DSO and LOH??

Sal,

The most useful award is neither the DSO and Bar of the LdH but the Colonial Auxilliary Decoration which we know would have been issued before 1930, which means he was serving in a colonial volunteer unit prior to 1910 and we know he we know that he was still alive in 1937. There is a reasonable chance that he may have served with a colonial unit in WWI (and not gone to the UK and joined up with a Brit unit) and we can exclude Indian Forces. The DSO book O'Moore Creagh (check name) might be helpful as biographies of the recipients are given. I doub't if you will get it down to one person but I reckon you could narrow it down to a handful (and the time spent would save you money in not going out).

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck, any suggestions where I should be looking to find DSO rolls or records...or what references I should be looking to purchase going forward?

going forward id recommend getting the coranation rolls!also they would be your best hope of getting a name but it means trawling through the 37 rolls and finding an officer with a dso and bar and that auxillary award!it will be a fair bit of work and you still might not get a name!

then after that with the names you get off the rolls youl need to hit the LG and get the officers on that liist who have a MID and LOM! its going to be alot of work!

Edited by paddywhack