News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Portrait of General Ioan Emanoil Florescu with foreign awards (1880s)

Dear gentlemen, here's a beautiful 1880s original CDV that found its place in my photo collection.

It's a portrait of a General Ioan Emanoil Florescu (07.08.1819 - 10.05.1893) who served as a War minister (1871-1876) and a Romanian Prime minister twice: from April 17 till May 06, 1876 as well as from March 02 till December 29, 1891. Florescu was promoted to the rank of General de Divizie on April 08, 1873. He also had a rank of a Russian colonel.

Fragment with decorations, all but one being foreign awards.

Could you please help me to identify the rest of orders and medals?

Medal bar:

1. Semnul Onorific al Ofițerilor (18 or 25 years, impossible to tell).

2. Orden der Eisernen Krone, 3rd class (Austro-Hungaria).
    3. Order of Saint Vladimir, 4th class.

Neck order has a shape of St.Stanislaus Order but crossed swords below the crown make me think it's not the one.

As for breast stars, I have no idea but assume one of them belongs to the neck order.

Neck badge = commander, Belgium Order of Leopold with swords. Stars harder to identify but lower [based on ray pattern and faint cross outline] appears to be Montenegrian Danilo and upper Russian St. Stanislaus [appears to conform with his sash].

My pleasure -- sorry cannot help with the medals; images too washed out. You switched 2 & 3 on your list [Vladimir & Iron Crown] but am sure you know that. Iron Crown appears to be civil division.

Thanks again! Sure, it was my mistake puting Austro-Hungarian and Russian order in incorrect precedence) Unfortunately medals cannnot be identified due to the quality of a CDV but anyway they are some foreign decorations. Complete list of General's award could help but I don't have it...