News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

In my collection I have hundreds of hundreds with " Feldpost" letters , written during the cold winter in 1944 outside Smolensk or below the hot sun in Tunis 1942. Some from the front to beloved ones at home, some from worried parents to the front and some with the stamp " Züruck - Gefallen " the letter that everyone feared.

Sometimes I go through a couple and see if I find something extra. And here is a story about one of those letters....

A common letter written in March 1943 from the front , nothing unusual at all , but the Stamp got my attention

The sender was attached to FP No 11030 C wich was 2nd Bat Sturmgeschutz Btl 270, hmmm

And hes name was Lt Hans-Christian Stock .... !

Hans-Christian Stock was born November 21th ,Liebstadt bei Pirna ,Sachsen and joined Art Rgt 60 in November 1938 , he was in the Poland campaign and later on the western front. In February 1941 he moved to Sturmgeschutz Abt 184 , probably armed with STUG III ( as the one in the pic from my collection , this pic was taken outside Dorpat (Estonia)

Hans-Christian Stock fought in Russian in Operation Barbarossa in June 1941 and was Lt dR Sept 1st 1941.

He was in December 1942 , Commander of 2/Sturmgeschutz Abt 270 and in that position he wrote the letter in March 1943. In July 1943 he was in the battle of Kursk and 22nd August 1943 he was awarded the Knight Cross.

He kept on fighting , becoming OberLt in Oct 1943 and transferred to Panzer Jäger Abt 152 , in August 1944 we find him as Hauptmann. October 18th or 22nd ? he gor the Oakleaves to his Knight Cross.

The last months in his life he was Commander of Panzer Jäger Abt 152 and was involved in heavy fighting in Southern Slovakia , 12th January 1945 it was over , Hans Christian Stock was KIA and was never to write another letter home.