News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Karltruppenkreuz

Hi I've recently acquired the attached Karltruppenkreuz, It wasn't expensive, but any ideas as to it's authenticity?

any help appreciated

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Guest Rick Research

I don't know why anyone would fake a KTK. The only thing odd I see is that it has the German type smal ring and large ring suspension and not a ring stamped on the top arm with a jump ring to a 3rd ring to hook into.

Edited by Rick Research

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply, the comments you made, made me wonder as to the authenticity. If it's a fake then it's another one for the trashcan, fortunately I've not lost a fortune

regards

Guest Rick Research

I hope so Gordon!

Alex: no reason to think it is BAD, simply ODD. Look on the edge for a hallmark, or on the ring inside the ribbon. If it is GERMAN made, as I suspect, then it is certainly a Third Reich era piece--and maybe earlier and a rare ? Austrian variety.

I've had these in many style over the years, all in a far better zinc than Germans used--and yours looks like that superior Austrian alloy. It doesn't corrode to white powder.

Hi I've had very close look at the sides and the suspension ring, no visible markings and no signs of file marks which I may have expected with a cheap casting, so I'll hold my breath, thanks all for your input

...the second cross is no 1813 issue, but Army Cross 1813/14 (so called "Kanonenkreuz")... The zink one is Karl Troops Cross (Karl Truppenkreuz).. so no issue, but a different decoration ;)