News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Maybe a Gold Military Merit Medal? It's hard to speculate, because Württemberg had a BIZARRE "system" of replacing awards, then re-awarding them.

Things like this make me wonder what is WRONG with dimwits who ruin things like this? :banger:

Whoever the genius-of-evolution was... they didn't even consider how rare a Verdienstkreuz X is, when destroying this bar--which might have been traceable if only they'd left it alone!!!

We have the Gold Medal and Verdienstkreuz Rolls to cross check. Aaaaaarrrrrgghhh....

Edited by Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

In every case I can remember from the two Rolls, if someone had received a Wilhelmskreuz and was then decorated with the Verdienstkreus, the Wilhelmskreuz was returned. I can't remember anyone ever getting a VK first and then having that replaced by a WK.

No matter how many times a Württemberger earned awards, their crazy system tried to reduce it to only the one most senior award. then around 1917, they looked around at all the other imperial German states and ... looked under-decorated. :speechless: So they started awarding replaced awards to the same people for a second time.

But I don't think that happened with WKs and VKs.

It must be a late war gold MVM.

To remove anything else would have REALLY been dumb!