News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SS Polizei Ribbon Bar Set

I have shown these two bars before on other sites and wanted to share them here also for those of you who do not use other sites :)

A pair of SS Polizei ribbon bars purchased separately. And brought together by chance.

With the Hindenburg Cross not having any swords on it, one would assume this guy was never awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class, So from what we see on the longer formal occasion ribbon bar, is a high ranking officer with all 3 flower war campaign medals, had duties at the Olympic games, was an activist in Danzig and was awarded the Danzig Cross medal, being a high ranker he would have had to travel and would have been pally with the Italians during the intimate bonding period of the late 1930's between Mussolini's Italy and Hitler's Germany.

The military field bar, most likely worn on his every day wear police/ss uniform, shows he was awarded the Iron Cross in WWI, was still possibly a non-combatant in a civil role. Took part in all the flower wars campaigns and was in the Danzig Freikorps. A true post WWI militant and Nationalist.

Construction of these bars i'd say was done by Godet. With quality of these bars, in particular the militant bar, the deterioration is not through poor manufacture, but through physical wear.

Guest Rick Research

Have SchuPo and Gendarmerie Seniority Lists and... the wretched things do not show awards. :banger:

The wartime issues do, however, show marital status (!) and number of children (!). :o:violent:

Edited by Rick Research

Haha!! Useful information if you want to set up a creche ;-)

A name is not so important, but would be nice to confirm a career and historical profile in more depth than what these ribbons tell me. This one is a nice unusual example because it features a unique array of awards on the one bar, which aren't commonly found together.

Hi Alan,

niiice one!!!

Based on the Italian Crown at the end - which represents a Commander grade neck cross, I would say at Colonels level.

All 3 flower campaign ribbons is already quite unusual.

I would guess, he might have made Police General so somebody who has the Biblio series on Police Generals might be able to have a look...

Lots of greetings

Daniel