News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar Wiederholungsspange

alan_g

This variant of the Wiederholungsspange is not commonly found on German ribbon bars. I think the piece was designed by Junker. It is a very distinctive eagle, and does not share the usual shape "standard range" of 1939 clasps, making this one of the rarer devices to find. This example is not in the Rick Research articles, and is one of the devices I wanted to share with him.

Hi Alan,

I'm not equally impressed with this device and frankly believe it's a fake. The ratio of the bar and wings is way out of order and the design of the "9"´s are is just plain ugly IMO. Further more, the tabs on the reverse are heavily damaged.

As a sidenote, I contacted Rick about the alleged Schickle Ek2 Clasp ("17", page2) and suggested that it actually is a Boerger & Co. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to finish this topic.

Hi Peter,

I am sad to hear you think this device is a fake, just because it is not commonly found...

Here is another example of this spange from my own collection for you to see... This one is with a material backing cloth...

Erhard Milch would also be upset that you think this spange was a fake... As he wore it on his ribbon bar...

Dear Alan, according to my files, Erhard Milch was awarded with 3 foreign decorations with dark blue ribbon or sash: Order of White Rose (Finland), Order of Yugoslavian Crown and Order of Merit (Chile). In you photo of his ribbon bar we can see four dark blue ribbons on the lower bar. Do you know what can be the 4th foreign blue award?

Dear Alan, according to my files, Erhard Milch was awarded with 3 foreign decorations with dark blue ribbon or sash: Order of White Rose (Finland), Order of Yugoslavian Crown and Order of Merit (Chile). In you photo of his ribbon bar we can see four dark blue ribbons on the lower bar. Do you know what can be the 4th foreign blue award?

Hello,

I myself do not know the answer to this question. I haven't researched the Milch bar at all. But I am sure maybes someone else can help with finding out this information maybes?

Best Regards

Alan.

• 6 years later...