News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two Similar German Ribbon Bars Overseas Service

Here are two similar ribbon bars for two guys who possible fought along side one another.

They both have 25 years service.

The ribbon bar features:

Iron Cross 2nd Class 1914-18, (Both)

Honour Cross with Swords, Honour Cross without swords.

Prussian war aid Medal.(both)

Long service medals for 25 years. Schinkel form one bar.

Order of the Red Eagle (both)

Chinese Commemorative Medal (both)

Kaiser Wilhelm Commemorative medal 1897 (both)

And Eiserner Halbmund.

The Prussian War Aid medal and no other WWI decoration is tell me some type of official. The China most likely is the steel. Since the Reichwehr ranklists do not give officials, I believe, it will be very hard to find this one.

I would say possibly a Zeugoffizier. Up through the ranks as a Zeugfeldwebel, Zeugleutnant at various artillery depots, out as an Oberleutnant or Hauptmann beim Zeugamt, recalled as a Waffenoffizier. The Red Eagle ribbon may be the Roter-Adler-Medaille, not the order.

There is a small chance that such a combination is somewhere in all my Wehrmacht personnel file notes. Rick would really have loved these.

Thanks Paul and Dave for your input on these two bars. It's such a close combo of awards which makes them quite unusual, but these do crop up out if the blue. I'm sure I saw another similar one on weitzes site with a medal bar.

Best regards

Alan