News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Senior Artillery NCOs with new EK2s

There's a lot going on in this one - not least of which are the brand new EK2's and the mustaches, two of Chris' favorites.

Three new "heroes" in early 1915 it would seem by the inscription on the reverse. Any help with the name is appreciated.

Edited by IrishGunner

I'm a bit perplexed on the shoulder straps, however...as always.

The guy on the left appears to be an Offizier-Stellvertreter. You can clearly see his flaming bomb and what looks like a "5"...possibly in metal. There is a center line down the middle of the strap as well, leading me to believe there is another number on the other side (I think it's a "1", but can't tell for sure).

Thoughts on this one?

I'm a bit perplexed on the shoulder straps, however...as always.

The guy on the left appears to be an Offizier-Stellvertreter. You can clearly see his flaming bomb and what looks like a "5"...possibly in metal. There is a center line down the middle of the strap as well, leading me to believe there is another number on the other side (I think it's a "1", but can't tell for sure).

Thoughts on this one?

There's a lot going on in this one - not least of which are the brand new EK2's and the mustaches, two of Chris' favorites.

Three new "heroes" in early 1915 it would seem by the inscription on the reverse. Any help with the name is appreciated.

The guy standing and the guy sitting on his front right could be twin brothers.

Hello Rick:

Name is Andreas.

For hose who would like to know what is written:

Zur Erinnerung an den Feldzug 1914/15.

Dein Bruder Andreas.

And the translation:

As remembrance of the campaign 1914/15, your brother Andreas

Bernhard H. Holst

Nice picture, but I think the bravest one on the postcard is the one that is not sporting an Iron Cross. I mean the shaggy disgusted looking one, ... under the table.

Those boys are far too well fed and their boots are way too nice to have seen any trench life.

Edited by Naxos