News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gebirgs-Panzer-Jäger Abteilung question

With what type of panzer/weapon would these Gebirgs-Panzer-Jäger Abteilungen be equipped?

Hello Rick.

I suspect a misconception of your part but perhaps I read your post wrong.

The term is Panzerjaeger ,changed from Panzerabwehr to give that arm a more agressive, offensive connotation by naming those troops tank hunter (Panzerjaeger) rather than defense against tanks (Panzerabwehr). The term does not imply of containing any armor based weaponry.

Bernhard H. Holst

Hi,

concerning the change from panzer Abwehr to Panzer Jäger, it is worth including that part of the reason of the name change was the offensive capabilities that were given with the introduction of the Jagdpanzer models. This gave them the ability to bring the fight to the enemy as opposed to passivley waiting for the enemy to come to them, as in the earlier Abwehr days...