News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oh ye of little faith...

Malzan, Wilhelm
    • born 10.12.1883 in Darmstadt
    • Dr. phil. (Diss. 11.6.08 Univ. Gießen)
    • 18.12.12 Lt.d.R. (Gießen), Inf.-Regt. Kaiser Wilhelm (2. Großherzogl. Hess.) Nr. 116
    Wounded in 1914 with 3./IR 116. The ribbon below the EK2 is undoubtedly the Hessen Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen "Für Tapferkeit".
    There were two other Malzans commissioned as Lts.d.R. of IR 116, one in 1915 and one in 1916. One was Friedrich Malzan, also born in Darmstadt, and killed at Verdun in August 1917 with RIR 118. The other was Karl Malzan, born 22 August 1886 in Darmsadt, who received his Dr. jur. from Gießen in 1919 and was a Ministerialrat in the Reichsjustizministerium in the Third Reich. They were possibly brothers.

Hello friends.

The 9th army in feb.15 was involved in the battle of Rawka-Bzura (dec.14-july 15)

The IR116 was at the Somme with the 25.Inf.Div.

The RIR 118 was with the 25.Res.Div. ( Korps Fabeck) at the Bzura (9th army). At end of february it was engaged in the Carpathians.

Edited by The Prussian

Hello friends.

The 9th army in feb.15 was involved in the battle of Rawka-Bzura (dec.14-july 15)

The IR116 was at the Somme with the 25.Inf.Div.

The RIR 118 was with the 25.Res.Div. ( Korps Fabeck) at the Bzura (9th army). At end of february it was engaged in the Carpathians.

I also can read "Lodz"! I attached a map from febr. 7th, 1915. And where was the staff of the 9th army? Lodz!