News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant!! The second and third awards are really uncommon! ;)

Please feel free to tell us more about them. :cheers:

Kind regards

Pierce

Second award is the Rote Kreuz Medaille of Oldenburg. Instituted in 1907, it was given out to those serving in some sort of medical capacity. The statutes say that it was made in bronze gilt, but this particular example is hallmarked 950 for silver, which i have seen on a couple of other examples (if anyone could clarify whether silver gilt ones were also officially produced i would be grateful). I am not sure of the award numbers, I've seen numbers ranging from 18 (which I think is too low) to around 300. Again, could anyone confirm/deny this?

Third award is the Anna-Luisen Verdienstzeichen, given out by Schwarzburg during WW1 to women who made contributions to the war effort. Instituted in 1918, only 215 were awarded.

So, from what I can see the whole story of the bar is that of a high ranking nurse/women in a medical capacity (out of curiosity, did nurses receive the Hindenburg cross?). Although it seems to have belonged to a woman, due to the low award numbers of the two decorations would it be possible to trace?

Thanks