News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I'm not interested myself. I'd rather put the money into a Luger, my primary collecting interest. I don't have a place to display it anyway.

They are a bit of a pain to display love the way Karel does it I used to just hang mine from a shelf. Lol the stirnpanzer is funny to if you put it on a helm the whole lid just flops forward! Ed you can build a wooden frame come on, buy one. ;)

Eric

ps I bought a copy not long ago....$125 funny enough they are very good well made.

No, I'll pass but...HARK!!!!! the Bavarian Luger deal fell through but I'm working on something else that doesn't come along very often, far less often than Bavarian MG Lugers. Two things in the making, one has to happen for the other to happen and if both come through it will be a bit away from the MG Luger collection but well worth it.

They are a bit of a pain to display love the way Karel does it I used to just hang mine from a shelf. Lol the stirnpanzer is funny to if you put it on a helm the whole lid just flops forward! Ed you can build a wooden frame come on, buy one. ;)

Eric

ps I bought a copy not long ago....$125 funny enough they are very good well made.

Speaking of the stirnpanzer which we weren't my chum kicked up one in similar circumstances years ago just walking through the old battlefield woods day dreaming. If you want one you'd better hurry I hear the cleaners are ruining the old fields, the blighters. Why oh why can't they just leave alone next they'll be kids running around with ice creams its disgusting and really pisses me off!

Let me ask you Gents a question 'Do you get the same feeling walking on a US Civil War battlefield'? NO? YES? I feel I'm in a manicured park its a shame and not right thousands died in these fields!! I'm dreading 2014.........

Rant over Sorry.

Eric

Edited by Hoss

Speaking of the stirnpanzer which we weren't my chum kicked up one in similar circumstances years ago just walking through the old battlefield woods day dreaming. If you want one you'd better hurry I hear the cleaners are ruining the old fields, the blighters. Why oh why can't they just leave alone next they'll be kids running around with ice creams its disgusting and really pisses me off!

Let me ask you Gents a question 'Do you get the same feeling walking on a US Civil War battlefield'? NO? YES? I feel I'm in a manicured park its a shame and not right thousands died in these fields!! I'm dreading 2014.........

Rant over Sorry.

Eric

I had a Dutch friend and this is all he did. Go over battlefields with a metal detector. He had one helleva arsenal in his basement. When the Wall finally collapsed, he was all over eastern Europe.

I'm sorry Gents I have no idea why I feel this way about the old battlefields guess I'm just a nut. My mother could never figure this 'problem' out either.

Cheers

While stationed in Germany, there was a thing organized by higher ups called "Battlefield Walks" I got to go on a few but also went all over by myself. Very solemn, quiet and compelling to walk across a battlefield of old. Much more than walking through the jungles where you once walked yourself, just not the same.

Here we have our Civil War battlefields, War of 1812 and Rev War ones too. I walked Culloden twice, Killikrankie, Flodden and Sterling Bridge. Corregidor Island was like walking back into History, it was as it was when we took it back. It's always was a fulfilling thing for me to walk where History was made and not just read about the places and people in History. I think it is something everyone should do and have some knowledge of those who fought and died before they do.

Look at it this way Eric, if they didn't dig it up and preserve it in another 100 years it won't exist.

I've been to many Civil War battlefields. The route of Picket's Charge at Gettysburg is a must.

A trip to Verdun with Chris as a guide is another must.

Just thought I would add I love you all too. US$50 for a shield/battle damage relic is a great price. Get it regardless!!

The Mons Museum has quite a few body armour sets too so there are plenty around - as Karel says condition is everything.

Brussels museum preparing for 2014 Anniversary so their new displays will be I am sure quite stunning. Look out for the WWI British MG post!!!

Mark