News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wurttemberg WM3 w/TR 40 yr. LSC and Olympic

Rick L. sent me this image and we were working on the ID. The bar consists of:

EK2

WM3

Hindenburg

TR 40/25/12 LSC

Wurttemberg Friedrich w/o swords

Wurttemberg LSC

Olympic

Centennial

I have several questions on this:

1. Why the eagle on the Olympic?

2. Why would an officer from Wurttemberg receive the Centennial?

3. I am correct in assuming that the officer's birthyear would be before 1880?

Am I missing anything?

Regarding the Centennial Medal, the non-Prussians - Bavarians, Saxons and Württembergers - who received the medal generally fell into two categories:

1. Non-Prussian units stationed in Prussia or Alsace-Lorraine, where they were thus under the control of the local Prussian Corps area. This included a lot of regiments in Alsace-Lorraine, but also a few smaller units, such as the Saxon and Württemberg companies of the Eisenbahn regiments in Berlin. For Württemberg, the main unit in this category was IR 126, stationed in Straßburg in Elsaß.

2. Non-Prussians assigned as individuals to Prussian units, schools or commands at the time of the award. These included officers on the Great General Staff, at the War Academy, the Artillerie and Engineer School, and the Military Riding Institute, for example.