News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Amazing Aircraft Restoration video

speagle

Fantastic

Was surprised when the owner popped up later on in the story. I thought the restorer was the owner. Was it a restoration of love or do you think he was paid to restore the whole thing. It looked like he restored it all by himself.

A great restoration and a super great aircraft. Aren't warbirds just the most beautiful things.

Amazing, as a Warbirds junky, I just love to see these amazing machines brought back to life as fully functional flying machines. It is not only Spitfires or Hurricanes and the odd BF109, but all sorts, very few Japanese aircraft populate the sky as restorations.

If I had a "Wish-list" I admit that a fully restored and flying Junkers 87 (Stuka) would be at the top. I does, in the end epitomise the power and terror that it was meant to inspire, I'm not making excuses for what it did and was used for, but as virtually every film, documentary about the period has at least several shots of the aircraft doing it's job with the usual soundtrack. Anyone got a spare one in the barn and a couple of million Dollars? :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...