News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reproduction Japanese Award Documents

History_Geek

I recently found a seller on eBay from Australia who is reprinting Japanese Award Documents. They have made copies of a few war medals and orders. All are fairly common and are not of high quality. They told me that they stamp copy on the reverse. Has anyone heard of this before? Seems like a lot of work for little pay off. I could imagine only the highest of award documents could prove worth the time and money to produce high quality replicas.

Here is one example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321259772610?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I wonder how they are doing it?

Ugh!

Looks like a copy that was made by colour xerox (another possibility - scanned and printed original doc, but due to its stated size I am thinking "xerox" ;))

Businessmen are everywhere ...

c5f5440e2d8b47ec4a89cdfe2f40d592.gif

Edited by JapanX

China Incident medal?!

What a strange choice of doc's...

Lower classes of orders and banal medals.

Guess these guys simply don't have in their possession higher classes/rare medals.

Otherwise

Seems like a lot of work for little pay off. I could imagine only the highest of award documents could prove worth the time and money to produce high quality replicas.

Couldn't agree more!