News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Württemberg - Annerkennungs-Medaille der König-Karl-Jubiläums-Stiftung

I picked this one up a several months ago simply because I like the way it looks. Too bad it's not a military award.

It's the Annerkennungs-Medaille der König-Karl-Jubiläums-Stiftung. Recognition Medal of the King Karl Jubilee Foundation; 1893-1921.

The Jubilee Foundation was created in 1891 on the occasion of the jubilee of König-Karl under the direction of the Interior Ministry to improve the welfare of the rural poor and to support small businesses. Two years later, in 1893, the medal was instituted by König Wilhelm II to recognize long and faithful service to the Foundation.

• 2 months later...

Recently had a cased one... those are indeed nice medals!

(...) the medal was instituted by König Wilhelm II to recognize long and faithful service to the Foundation.

Wasn't it rather to recognize long and faithful service in general? I don't think they went to the foundation members at all.

According to Klein & Raff, the Stuttgart state mint struck 4554 medals in total, that were delivered to the interior ministry. 4527 were awarded, 558 to workers in agricultural enterprises and 3969 to workers in business enterprises.