News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi ccj,

please, what do you mean with "could be 57 model"?

A 57er version of the oakleaves to the KC do definitely not exist.

There are originals, possibly made at last in May 1945, and there are post WWII made not original pieces, commonly called copies or fakes/forgeries.

Uwe

This is a pre 1945 Godet Pour le Merite. (Most likely 1930s) The Oakleaves do not appear to be Godet but I don't know because I'm no Oakleaves expert on either PlM or RK.

I thinks its a lovely and high quality ol but I'm not sure if its pre 45 manufacture or a so called 57 made item like the S&L PlM.

The Bronze Gilt PlM is extremely nice quality. So is the Oakleaves but the OL appears to be silver gilt

Here's a so called 57 PLM by S&L but it may have been produced prior to 57. It too is a very nice quality PlM but its post WW2.

Hi ccj,

here is nothing that could be called 57er, not the PlM and not the Oakleaves.

57er versions are identified TR decorations from the time period 1934 to 1945, in an officially changed design, and that means in a new form without NS symbols.

A PlM has absolutely nothing to do with the TR period, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the § 6 (1) 2. and 3. in the german law from 1957 (Ordensgesetz), where is something written about the decorations with the changed design.

Oakleaves must not be changed in the design, therefore it could also not be a 57er.

Only these decorations can be called 57er:

http://ordensmuseum.de/Ordensjournal/Ordensjournal16Jan0857er.pdf

No PlM and no Oakleaves.

Uwe

• 2 weeks later...