News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello readers.

Here are two photos of Stabsarzt Pretzsch, Werner who served as a Captain ( medical corps) in a Jaeger Division on the Balkans. I have in my care his military estate. Of note are his decorations of which the black woundbadge is not shown on the picture.

His photoalbum has as dates of entering the army 1.Oct.1936 and 20 May, 1940. As discharge date 25.June 1945. Since his DoB is 28.Jan.1915 I think his overall medical training took place in the time span 1936 and 1943. The photo in dress uniform which is dated 1943 appears to have the medical corps cypher on the shoulderboards.

I have reasons to believe that his last assignment put him out of reach of Tito who would not have let him go as quickly, if he would have survived the last phase of operations and the capture at all.

I am showing these two photos as a demonstration how active service leaves some traces on a guy's appearance.

Bernhard H. Holst

Interesting to see he is wearing an IAB. Could you post a picture of the Red Cross certification Bernard?

Sincerely

Larry

Hello Larry.

Here is the document. For those who would like an explanation regarding this document:

the person identified therein is exclusively employed in the medical service as medical officer with troops. He is entitled to wear the Genf insignia, a stamped armband with the Red Cross and is under protection of articles , 9, 12 and 13 of the Genf Treaty of 27.July 1929.

It is stamped and signed by the deputy of the divisional medical officer of the 118. Rifle Division.

Of note is the material of the document which is reinforced by what appears to be threads of linen or such to make it wear resistant against every day wear which was required.

Bernhard H. Holst