News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A box for a watch? I've never thought of them being for different retailers but yes, that's very possible. A nice patriotic item for the time.

Whatever it was originally for it's always great to find a local piece of history even if you're only there temporarily.

Tony

A box for a watch? I've never thought of them being for different retailers but yes, that's very possible. A nice patriotic item for the time.

I assume if you wanted a prezzie for a relative at the front they would maybe put it in something like this?

I also recognise the design from Postcards.

Maybe if you sent Cousin Ben a small present as congrats for his newly awarded EK, or for X-Mas... a box like this was a popular motive?

You'll have to keep searching then, local history is always interesting whether or not it's where you were brought up.

Isn't it all small villages and the odd mass burial ground up that way? Small villages must be very interesting if you get to know the old locals.

Tony

Tony,

Its not bright lights and night life but ony 40km from Hannover 45mins from Hamburg/Bremen and Berlin is only 300km.

You can cover distance here very quickly not like the UK.

Lots of small villages and plenty of characters out there, sadly though that generation is starting to fade away. Some don't mind talking about it some do, either way I try not to press them or offend them.

I am from Kilmarnock, Bellfield scheme so it does not have the same appeal as Germany.

If I have to choose where to be poor it would be here.

Jock :)