News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Chris,

I have never heared about this association before WW1, but it might be possible. The bravery-medal was awarded since 1792.

Possibly for the owners of the 1866 and 1870war.

This ebay card is ok, the golden braverymedal is a post-war production.

cheers Andreas

Hello Chris:

An interesting question! I can shed a bit of light on this as I have the following "Orden der bayer. Tapferkeitsmedaille" documentation in my collection:

1) An Aufnahme=Urkunde dated 1. Okt. 1924 for a Silver MVM/TKM recipient (one of only 11 Jewish Silver medal recipients).

2) An Aufnahme=Urkunde dated 30. April 1927 for a Silver MVM/TKM recipient.

3) A multi-colored printed "Ehrenurkunde" for an 1870/71 War veteran who was a Silver MVM/TKM recipient dated 15. September 1928.

So, the organization was in existence as early as at least 1924. I do not believe that it was in existence prior to 1918.

The organization was still in existence as late as 1969 as the organization published a 175 year history of the medal in that year. Sadly, I know of nothing after this date. As the majority of recipients were deceased in greater and greater numbers, it was impossible and not financially practical to keep the organization going. Members paid dues which paid for the costs of running the organization.

Records do exist, but as the organization was private, there is no "official" archive that I know of. I have the complete records of a regional officer of the organization from several years during the 1950's. Sadly, it documents the decline of the organization as members were expiring.

Best regards,

Edited by Schießplatzmeister