News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

imperial russian miniature? need identification!

Alpha Draconis

Its for the Russian Flag Day in Britain January 1917, they were made by an unknown Birmingham jeweller HSW&B and hallmarked 1916, presumably these were given to those who donated over a certain sum. They appear in auction from time to time and tend to make around £200.

Paul

A Rare 1917 Russian Flag Day Silver Gilt Medal and a Matching Lady's 9 Carat Gold Brooch, awarded by Her Imperial Majesty the Empress Alexandra Fedorovna of Russia to Mr and Mrs Herbert A Wills "In recognition of the valued services rendered in connection with the Russian Flag Day Movement in England", in cases of issue, together with certificates and a related newspaper cutting.

Estimated value £200 - £250
    Actual sale price £1,500.00 (£1,600.00)

CO tennants auction (http://www.tennants.co.uk/Catalogue/Lots/36706.aspx)

The Alexandra piece (I presume she was a patron) is interesting and as a 9ct gold piece must be part of a very small batch. Obviously with that provenance it is going to be worth a lot more. I have only ever encountered one miniature of the badge and that was with a full-sized group which also contained the badge so quite a rarity. Sorry the price I gave was for the full-sized but I would have thought a miniature ought to be worth around £100 or so at least.

Paul