News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

When I have my Horse Doctor finished, at least his tunic, what would I need to make a good display?

Would they have a regular stethescope around their necks, or were there special animal ones. I guess he would not need binoculars... but maybe a pistol?

I have no idea how a vet would look...

Was there a special Picklehaube?

Best

Chris

Hi,

Ironically we always say, we collect this so the men are never forgotten, history is not repeated etc. etc...

In a small round with some german collectors i mentioned how fantastically intersting the tunic was, and when i said it was to a Jewish officer one collector said "Hyuck, Hyuck... snigger.... burn the damn thing!"

Shows that people can learn... and never learn.....

Regular officer's Pickelhaube in your case a Dragoner Officer's Pickelhaube

no, an infantry pattern helmet with round front peak as confirmed in the uniform regulations for the officials of the Prussian Army of 5 October 1908. Gold fittings and circular spike base with domed chin scales. Modified by the AKO of 21 March 1910, appendix 2 which stipulated the removal of the Beamten shield on creation of a corps of veterinary officers.

Regards

Glenn

no, an infantry pattern helmet with round front peak as confirmed in the uniform regulations for the officials of the Prussian Army of 5 October 1908. Gold fittings and circular spike base with domed chin scales. Modified by the AKO of 21 March 1910, appendix 2 which stipulated the removal of the Beamten shield on creation of a corps of veterinary officers.

Regards

Glenn

Thanks for the correction, Glenn :cheers:

Hi,

Ironically we always say, we collect this so the men are never forgotten, history is not repeated etc. etc...

In a small round with some german collectors i mentioned how fantastically intersting the tunic was, and when i said it was to a Jewish officer one collector said "Hyuck, Hyuck... snigger.... burn the damn thing!"

Shows that people can learn... and never learn.....

You find those A-holes everywhere

I intend, when the tunic is finished, to make a small pilgramage to his grave in Berlin.

I think it will be a nice gesture....

Hello Chris.

It would be more than a nice gesture.

And yes there are "Unbelehrbare" or those who will never learn .....

Bernhard H. Holst

Here is a picture of another Jewish Veterinaeroffizier Bruno Türkheimer

nice shot of Dr. Bruno Türkheimer. He was commissioned as a Veterinär der Reserve on 2.11.15 (without a Patent) whilst serving with Feldluftschiffer-Abteilung 14. Interestingly, though commissioned a couple of months after the September 1915 uniform changes introducing collar Litzen, he is pictured with the earlier collar patches. Listed in the 1928 directory of veterinarians as a vet in Elzach.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J