News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Life Saving Society medallion to Police

Hello all,

I picked up this common Royal Life Saving Society medallion from Ireland. Usually I don't get them but this time cached my attention naming "POLICE D.PRYDHERCH 1984". Just I haven't seen them before named to the Police. Is there a chance to research this name any future? I tried Google without any luck.

Thanking you in advance,

Timo

Edited by Noor

I guess with it being the Royal Life Saving society and you finding it Eire that if its for Police it would have been RUC in 1984 before ending up over the border?

On the main land I think rescue and life saving awards go through the Royal Humane Society?

Craig

Timo,

I've done some digging and I think all Police actions are awarded through the Royal Humane Society. I think the Bronze medal you have there is a life saving qualification badge. From what I remember swimming in your pyjamas and picking up bricks from the bottom of the pool and the performing of CPR etc. I would guess an RUC man got it during his basic training to show he had completed his life saving course.

Craig