News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, Werner Molder's estate or part of it was recently auctioned off on the Hermann Historica web-site, amongst other items, was his 3/4 ring pattern RK and his Oaks and Diamonds award, I believe they were actually split up for the auction. He was awarded a "Front Flyer clasp with Brilliants" which was not part of the auction,

I believe his family kept some stuff. Does anyone know anymore about this piece and are there any images of it?

regards

Alex K

?

Hi, Alex

I've not seen any images of the clasp. The clasp (without hanger) on his funeral pillow looks to be of the standard type, and all the photo's I've seen of him have been with the same one. I know the family allowed the modern-day Molders (now renamed) squadron the chance of displaying his awards for a while...no "Front Flyer clasp with Brilliants"

So, possibly still with the family...in a private collection or lost? Hopefully one day it will turn up.

But, how about a pic of his SC to make up for the lack of images of the clasp....

Hi John, thanks for the reply, yes I've seen the image of his Ordernkissen and it looks like a normal one on there. It is listed on his list of awards so I assume he got one. shame it's whereabouts aren't known. Nice SC, same one listed on HH's auction I believe.

regards

Alex