News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

st.anna order 2 class in black enamel whith swords

karakas7

Hello karakas7

You need to take better pictures of the stamp and of the enamels(different angle to see the light on enamels)

I don't think that's anchor mark, it's probably an alpha sign of st. Petersbourg, but picture is bad so....

Best regards

Joseph

Hello Karakas7;

The main problem is the high caliber of this award. The value is presumably what the last 2nd Class St. Anne, black enamels with swords from an uncommon manufacturer sold for. I'm sure there are recent precedences, but you may need to look at previous auctions going back maybe 15 years. Previous auction catalogues and realized prices are available for sale.

The next concern over auction results is that they could be artificially high (due to the market euphoria at that time) or lower because the value to these specific collectors has increased over time.

Now, is your Black Anne worth $5,000 or $15,000 or $50,000. I could guess, but only by looking at the recent auction results and compensating for both inflationary bidding and the ordinary increase in value of high-end pieces. Some here on GMIC may have those figures in the back of their minds, but I can't recall any right now.

In lieu of this research and analysis, you may have to decide if you want to find someone here who is willing to pay a fixed price that you set for it, or send it to an auction house that regularly offers high end Russian awards to get a "market" price for it (less commission).

Sales are for the sales section, please post in this section if you would like to sell this piece. Just wanting to point it out, as a dealer price I think it is high. The enamels seem chipped and will effect the value :( as well as the crack and missing white enamel on the rear.

It is best to take photos of each arm attachment point (to see if it was re-attached or is in original condition)

The chipped enamel will effect your value, the black looks chipped, so does the icon in the middle section on the front of the order. Better quality images are needed. :)

Hope that helped

Ok

I am do it now

But price is not high.

I am find 2 auction lots this one - minimum price 25000$

Most of the other orders that are available now that I've seen are in higher price ranges because they have better quality enamel and are near perfect, even one that is similar online right now at an expensive dealer lists it just above your initial price and the piece is in better condition.

I think that you may receive higher offers if the condition is better or the quality of the photos show the actual condition of the piece in person, these are my intial observations from your current photos :)

have been ill for the last few days. The piece was made in St. Petersburg by August Wendt circa 1865-75, nice piece, some unfortunate enamel damage on reverse centre but certainly a desirable piece. The market is not as strong as it was 2008-2010 but certainly ought to be around £10,000 but really something that should be put in an auction to determine and accurate price and on a good day with two or more competitive buyers who knows.

Paul

have been ill for the last few days. The piece was made in St. Petersburg by August Wendt circa 1865-75, nice piece, some unfortunate enamel damage on reverse centre but certainly a desirable piece. The market is not as strong as it was 2008-2010 but certainly ought to be around £10,000 but really something that should be put in an auction to determine and accurate price and on a good day with two or more competitive buyers who knows.

Paul

Thank you so much !