News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting group for sale...

That seems a bit extreme, couldn't you even buy a VC now a days for that amount or close?

I mean sure the Mil Mi 24 and Apache Orders and Medals for Afghanistan are desired, but for that price it does seem to be even more than dealer premium if we just take "financial" side to it in account. It'd be nice if it included his actual citation for the action. Other than the DFC which is the only item for gallantry, is this a realistic price on such a grouping?

Edited by Rogi

It seems strong to me, one would expect that sort of figure for a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross although Rogi you would do well these days to get a VC for £100,000 (possibly a Mutiny or Crimea Ballot VC could be acquired for that price). We will wait and see the outcome.

Paul

I think it sad that he should part with them. I suppose he is still entitled to wear duplicates ?

I think he will get his price - but why not try other ways to raise the money - these are all

the collateral that most banks would require. Mervyn

It seems strong to me, one would expect that sort of figure for a Conspicuous Gallantry Cross although Rogi you would do well these days to get a VC for £100,000 (possibly a Mutiny or Crimea Ballot VC could be acquired for that price). We will wait and see the outcome.

Paul

Many Thanks on your expert opinion Paul :D, thought it was right in the neighborhood for the VCs hehehe prices tend to fluctuate throughout the years :D If I had the funds, I'd probably have my own museum of VCs hehehe :D maybe one day, when I win the lotto :D