News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Does 230,00 Euros really mean $27,689.69??

Isn't that a bit much ??

GB

No Gunther :beer: 230,00 euros written with a continetal comma to indicate what we (British, American and Irish) regard as 230.00.

So the price is ?230,00 = US277.23 cents :cheers:

Kev in Dev.

No Gunther :beer: 230,00 euros written with a continetal comma to indicate what we (British, American and Irish) regard as 230.00.

So the price is ?230,00 = US277.23 cents :cheers:

Kev in Dev.

Hey Kev!

Thank you for the enlightenment!

Nice repro....

GB

Edited by Gunther Beckmann

is this an unreasonable price for this rather nice repro?

unless i am willed one, or find one in the streets,

or win the powerball lotto(and even then, maybe not...),

i am destined to have a repro on the wall.

again, this does not seem so unreasonable.

what DOES seem dicey is the individual who

passes it off as the real deal.

joe

is this an unreasonable price for this rather nice repro?

unless i am willed one, or find one in the streets,

or win the powerball lotto(and even then, maybe not...),

i am destined to have a repro on the wall.

again, this does not seem so unreasonable.

what DOES seem dicey is the individual who

passes it off as the real deal.

joe

It's starting to go beyond a reasonable priced Repro. A while ago I bought a nice group from Hannover with an S&L PLM that had an ek2 (KO), Prussian war service 1916, Kyffhauser medal group, Silver and black wound badge and other stuff for less than $300. They are out there still for good prices.

I agree we all can't own an original PLM nor should we be excluded or ostracized for buying a fine quality repro, there are not that many real ones out there. Let the big shots with the money buy those.

But it burns my butt that someone would sell these as originals. :angry:

The case for the Turkish War Medal looks like an EK I case, and the case the EK I is in look like recent reproductions. (I can't smell the glue drying on the photo when I bring it up on the screen but there have been times when items from Latvia and elsewhere have been offered, for a moment there was glue in the air....).

The photos are far too fuzzy to be certain of any details, but one item did catch my attention. Look closely at the case the "PlM" is in....someone got the some of the ballpark details right. It''s small (barely large enough to hold the medal), the open/close device is on the right hand side of the case, and the embossing style on the top cover is roughly what it should look like. That's not saying the case is "correct" but barring the one Andreas sold on ebay a month or two back, the "correct" case for a PlM/Johanniter, etc, are seldom seen being offered with a PlM, especially anywhere near ebay.

Les

I agree with Les...

The PLM case is the item in this group that could warrant further inspection.... little else.

From a telescopically great distance (as usual), the PLM itself looks to be either Spanish fake or S&L post war...

If anyone has requested better pics - which the seller rather effervescently offers to send! - it would be interesting to see them here.

M