News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I want to share this nice ad with you.I haven?t known before I got this thing that there were cigarettes made/authorized by the SA.Those seem to be the ones with pictures for the nowadays collectable picture albums.

Edited by Rosenberg

Guest Rick Research

Maybe something that came as an advertising insert in an SA magazine? From the art work, it looks like that drummer figure would have been a cardboard stand up store counter display--

thus COMBINING the two most politically incorrect collecting areas today--

Nazi and smoking!!!! :cheeky:

I was amazed three decades ago while perusing issues of "Das Schwarze Korps" to see ads for Fords and, of all things, Velveeta cheese with grinning artwork SS men enjoying the product. Still, it made obvious sense to market to those millions.

Rick,

I,too,assume it has been cut from a magazine or something alike,however,you can?t see any cutting edges so this remains unanswered.I also thought about a large cardboard display trommler,wow how would I like that!I can?t say what makes me more wonder,the Janus behaviour with nazis selling smokes or the nowadays really strange sounding "against groups".All companies that existed in that time tried to make their $$$,whether they denied it after the war or not.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Great image. I have a few items (ashtray, cigarette carton, glass cigarette box, other advertisements) for the SA cigarette brands. During the later 1930s, when the cancer/heart/lung dangers of cigarettes were researched, the SA Sturm company was closed and strict non smoking laws passed. There is an excellent book covering this: The Nazi War on Cancer, by Robert N. Proctor.

Erich

• 1 month later...

Neat ad!

I myself just picked up an almost full (one cig missing) pack of cigarrettes from the Nazi era. It has the stamp for official taxation I suppose and they are the "Ravenklau" brand made by Hans Neuerburg. A really nice box in great shape, but I am most happy with the fact that there is lots of old cigarrettes inside. Probably not many of those floating around! I bought them up in Edmonton and they came with the Raucherkarte that was slightly used already (maybe to buy the smokes!). I blacklighted the white paper and the smokes do not glow and neither does the inside packaging, can't really see anybody copying this sort of thing, but I jsut wanted to make sure the cigarrettes were period, and they are. Any info on this unique item is welcomed!

Thanks,

Pat

And the Raucherkarte that came with the cigs, dated 1945 so I guess whoever owned these didn't much care for the anti-smoking laws, maybe an old time Wehrmacht soldier who got captured traded these for something? I guess we will probably never know how a pack with only one cigarette missing got over here to Canada (maybe one last smoke before the execution.....). If anyone has any further info on this pack and brand of smokes and any other info on the subject ii is welcome!

Pat