News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A tired old Assman FJ zinc late war?

It seems to be ok from the research I have done, injection moulded marked 1 and not marled L64 like some of them. There is also a 2 version. I can't post links on here but there are a few threads out there, you can try WRF or Germanmilitaria.com? Although the price on the later site is quite rediculous.

Jock :)

John,

I thought so too despite the damage, it was with the Luftwaffe ground assault badge in the other thread. Both reported to be from the same guy, his old lady has just passed and the daughter sold them to a bloke in front of me at the flea market.

Right place right time!

What I thought was interesting is that the eagle obviously had the rivets added seperately to it and the wreath if you can see what I mean? It looks like there was the wreath, the eagle and the rivetes were seperate to both perhaps crimped all at once?

What I thought was interesting is that the eagle obviously had the rivets added seperately to it and the wreath if you can see what I mean? It looks like there was the wreath, the eagle and the rivetes were seperate to both perhaps crimped all at once?

Morning, Jock

If you are referring to the stamped flat rivet heads....typical for Assmann.

Here's an example of a slightly earlier Assmann Para, in zinc, with the same rivets.

John what i mean is if you look at the hole in the front wing it is perfectly round as if the rivet was added to the eagle as well as to the reverse of the wreath as a seperate part perhaps all at the same time? IE the eagle did not have the rivet fitted during the production of that part? I am not expressing myself very clearly sorry!