News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Alpenkorps - 1.Jägerbataillon - Militaerpass

After his training as a Jäger he was transferred on June 30, 1916 to the field-recruit depot of the I. Jäger-Bataillon - Alpenkorps

He was trained with the G98 and achieved marksmanship class II

Gasmask size: -3- and dog-tag number: -482-

On July 20, 1916 he was sent to the front to serve in the second company of the Bavarian 1.Jäger-Bataillon

His long list of engagements start on July 21, 1916 at Fleury  and end on Nov.01, 1918 in Serbia. He was awarded the Iron Cross second class on March 16, 1917 a month before his 20th birthday. In May 1917 he received the Bavarian Military Merit Cross third class.

He served from July 20, 1916 to January 12, 1919 in the 2nd company of the Bavarian 1.Jäger-Bataillon

Engagement list

Details of Combat Engagements

1916 - Western Front - Fleury - Thiaumond - Argonne

1916-1917 - Romania

1917 - Westen Front -  and second time in Romania

1917 - 1918 - Italian Front

1918 Western Front - Kemmel - Flanders - Somme

1918 Serbia

Edited by Naxos

On Jan.12, 1919 he was transferred to the MGK (machine-gun company) of the 1.Jäger-Bataillon.

Then for a short time he joined one of the Bavarian Freikorps units, the 1. Sicherheits-Bataillon

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hardy,

Thanks for posting this. I'm continually amazed at these soldiers that made it through multiple war years. You wonder how they held up for so long, both mentally and physically.

I'd like to have a nickel for every mile he travelled during the war. The rail lines sure got a workout.

Chip