News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

unknown turkish korean war patch

mortaydc60

Greetings,

Saw this on  ebay recently on ebay and it sold for alot of money but could not find any information as to what the patch actually maybe. Has Turkish symbol and 3 stars which maybe for the 3 units that served. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,Mort

s-l140.jpg

I don't think it is Turkish. As far as I know Turkish troops only had Turkish Flag, North Star badges and Tropic Lightning. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/koremadalyasi/  )

As you know the figures on the badges may look like anything.

In order to find this you have to check badges of other countries except the USA 8th Army. I posted the badges of all 8th Army : 1. 8 ARMY: Pacific Victors , 1 Corps "Eye Corps" , 9 Corps: Pride of the Pacific , 10 Corps: X Corps,1 Cavalry Division: "First Team"      2.   25 Infantry Division "Tropic Lightning" ,  24 Division "Victory Division", 7 Division: '"Hourglass Division", "Bayonet Division", "California Division, 3 Division:  "Rock of the Marne, 2 Division: "Indianhead"

Regards

Demir

Turkish Korean War patches.jpg

USA 25 ARMY (1).jpg

USA 25 ARMY (2).jpg

Edited by demir

Thanks Demir for the response.  I have been collecting for 60 plus years concentrating on shoulder patches and have one of the better collections in the US and have been a member of ASMIC for 45 years. I am familiar with the patches of the countries that fought in the Korean War and have most of the known patches. This is definitely a period piece and perhaps one that is not well known even to museums. I can not tell you how often the museums have no clue as to what they have as far as patches are concerned and how little they have in their collections. Again thanks for the fast response but I am pretty sure it is Turkish Army,just requires more research. Mort