News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My father's Fallschirmj?ger documents

Verleihungsurkunde for the Fallschirmsch?tzen-Abzeichen.

This is a Zweitschrift (second issue). My father said that all of his documents and belongings that were with the tross, were lost in Africa. His Soldbuch is also a Zweitschrift. The left upper corner of the Urkunde is missing.

[attachmentid=30600]

Thank you for sharing this with us.

My grandfather was captured by the Russians and sent east to a camp in Siberia. After being released by the Russians in 1947 from captivity, he ventured back to Soltau, Germany where he needed to be officially released from the German armed forces by the resident Allied governmental powers, i.e. the British, and my grandmother gave this document to me prior to her demise. If interested, I could post the original of it here as well. Although not a p.o.w. form, it is some what related.

Again, most interesting to see your father's Luftwaffe paratroop badge jump qualification award document.

Frank