News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Ribbons

David S

• 2 years later...

Hello Gentlemen,

Sorry but it is not Yemen,it's Burma/Myanmar.

The one at left is a kind of Meritorious Service Medal,the one in the middle is Valourous Fighter Star (it's the translation from reverse) and the one on right is a Long Service award for the 3 service of the armed forces.

The one on the right is not so easy to get in Rangoon market,but those on center & right yes.

Actually almost never with their ribbon,but OMSA ribbon branch has some of them.

Actually ribbon are correct for those medal,I went to their Military Museum ( very boring communist like museum ),but at least there is 1 showcase with a group of awards,and I took notes (pictures forbidden).

The day I arrived in Rangoon in february 2006,there was a wedding party at my hotel,and I was with the groom in the lift.He was to my opinion N.C.O. (he was in uniform with shoulder rank) and he was wearing the medal which is on center and also the one on the right.

Emmanuel