News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cased KvK without swords- marked "15"

Well, I like the look of the outer covering personally without looking at my files for confirmation. This type of stencil motif is a rare encounter ! You can see it's not an exact match for the KVK, being minus the centre portion and looks more like an Maltese cross proper. The catch and surround would suggest an earlier rather than latter period made box perhaps as a rule manufacture wise, but isn't a premise altogether. However, from what I can see I'd determine it's not altogether an earlier sorts, the hinge covering and base material....maybe I'm worng.

This style (deeper grain) of outer covering is encountered on wound badge boxes, some other KVK and EK boxes too (note: the box for the most part basically was the same same for the awards mentioned {Ost Volk too} only the base would differ for the wound badge say {unless screwbacks, where colour of the base material can ligitimately it seems differ adversely too} and sometimes the motif of course and also the colour of the velour or material covering the base)

Can I see a pic of the catch please, from the front and from an eye level perspective with the head of the catch visible and I'll see what I can deduce from that and give you my opinion.

Kr

Marcus

Edited by Marcus H

Thanks for your opinions.

I have bought it already, and i dont have better pics from the catch yet. :unsure:

It came form the same owner of the red/maroon case I posted on WAF...i missed that one :angry:

Its mint condition, and I have never seen such a case. Maybe more members on this forum who have seen this type of case??

:beer:

martin

Perhaps Gordon can shed some light on this sorts, as they are few and far between, he has had alot of exposure to these cases in recent times........I think I've seen one before which was a D&B pattern construction.

I'm not aware of any such fake like this, the fakes tend to emulate poorly the full block motif types (or just the Ldo versions). But as suggested would like to see the catch in the near future for a Marcus' prognosis of the catch working theory.

Hi Marcus,

My own cased 15 w/o swords came in exactly the same case as Martin's example - same catch and same stencilled design on the lid. The upper white silk insert has basically no soft padding - whatever is there is moderately thin and very firm. The lower black insert on my example is covered in Spruehfilz (a heavy covering though) so it may not be an early style case - ?mid-war? The insert is not loose so I don't know if it's marked underneath.

Regards

Mike

PS: quick scan attached

Edited by Mike K

Hi Marcus,

My own cased 15 w/o swords came in exactly the same case as Martin's example - same catch and same stencilled design on the lid. The upper white silk insert has basically no soft padding - whatever is there is moderately thin and very firm. The lower black insert on my example is covered in Spruehfilz (a heavy covering though) so it may not be an early style case - ?mid-war? The insert is not loose so I don't know if it's marked underneath.

Regards

Mike

PS: quick scan attached

Thanx Mike for your can. The case is underway.... :jumping:

Can you post your cross with case?? ;)

martin

• 2 weeks later...