News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 months later...

Chris,

Very nice portraits! In the first photo, the M1907 pattern shoulder straps are being worn. They were not sewn to the tunic at all, but rather were affixed to the tunic with a tongue and loop and the shoulder strap button. The second photo has the same pattern shoulder strap, only a private purchase version that is sewn directly into the shoulder seam. The NCO has either had the collar and straps replaced on an issue tunic or the entire tunic may be a private purchase piece. 

Interesting private purchase version of the M16 shoulder strap with small crown. Interesting in that it is simplified with no piping. Can't say I have ever seen that before. On the large crown simplified M07s, yes, but not on an M16.

Chip

Chris,

Even though it is not obvious in this photo, I believe this is one of the cyphered regiments. The crown just sticks out because of the material it is made from. The darker Kurbelstickerei is just not showing up very well.

I don't believe that there is any way that this could be a M07 Inf. Leib Rgt. strap with such a small crown in that particular location.

• 5 years later...