News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Strangest Award to the Khedive of Egypt?

Hello everyone!

I was in Egypt recently and got a chance to visit the Historical Manuscripts Museum with the Abdeen Palace Museums complex. Among the many order award documents (I'm sorry I don't know what they're called, brevets?) from foreign heads of states to Egyptian rulers, I found one from the "King" of Aracuania & Patagonia to Khedive Tawfik! (Please forgive the quality of the pic, I was using a phone I had purchased just for the duration of the trip)

From Wikipedia:

The Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia (SpanishReino de la Araucanía y de la PatagoniaFrenchRoyaume d'Araucanie et de Patagonie, sometimes referred to as New France) was the name of a proposed state and kingdom conceived in the 19th century by a French lawyer and adventurer named Orélie-Antoine de Tounens. Orélie-Antoine de Tounens claimed the regions ofAraucanía and eastern Patagonia. It was an unrecognized state[2] that enjoyed only marginal sovereignty in a brief period of time, through alliances with some Mapuche lonkos, in a reduced area of Araucanía, in current Chile.

This award for the Order of the Steel Crown, appears to be signed by King Achilles. http://www.araucanie.com/araucania/A._fichiers/Aeng.htm I think it's strange that he was able to correspond with legitimate heads of states and even send them orders...

A very unique item, to say the least!

IMG_20150829_121418.jpg