News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Marinefrontspange in wear.

A nice group photo taken on board the Prinz Eugen that shows crewmen wearing the Marinefrontspange.

I have seen groupings from the Prinz Eugen that included these "on board made" examples of the MFS.

This photo is of the "Signalenschaft" and is dated 1944/45.The writing on the revese shows reference to an officer and an obersignal meister.

My guess is that the photo was taken in early 1945 ?

But,nice to see examples of this award in wear during the wartime period and proof that they did exist,even though made "on board".

Regards,Martin.

Prinz Eugen,MFS,rev..jpg

Prinz Eugen,MFS,det._final.jpg

Prinz Eugen,MFS,obv._final.jpg

Edited by hucks216

Great photo showing that award. I don't have any photos of it in wear but I do have an entry dated 6th May 1945 in a Soldbuch for it although it is entered with a slightly different name linking it to the Minesweeper/U-Jagd Award - something I have seen a few times. 

56c191d923f88_GEISSLER005.thumb.jpg.bfb9