News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

9 Regiment Army Air Corps

Spasm

A presentation rotor blade to the CO of 9 Regiment Army Air Corps based at Dishforth as a commemoration of the Regiment's disbandment this year. The blade is from a Lynx helicopter that flew with the Squadrons within the Regiment. Best of luck to them all.

IMG_97621.jpg

IMG_97681.jpg

IMG_97701.jpg

IMG_97721.jpg

IMG_97731.jpg

An older mark of the Lynx helicopter tail rotor blade also dedicated to the Army Air Corps. The central design is based upon their Guidon complete with battle honours. Their historic regiment's badges are also included.

IMG_97791.jpg

IMG_97831.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another leaving do da for a Retiree from 848 Squadron Commando Helicopter Force over the weekend. An ex Para Major was heard to say that he may give up drink the next morning. :P

A Sea King heli tail rotor tip painted for him to keep forever. I can imagine him in years to come with his packet of Werther's Originals and Grandchild on his knee who asks what this is replies "Well, there I was surrounded...."

IMG_98091.jpg

IMG_98101.jpg

IMG_98111.jpg

On June 14, 2016 at 15:57, Spasm said:

Thanks Rogi, I hope it reminds him of his work with the Junglies (as the Sea Kings been retired too now) for a while to come.  

If we weren't planing to retire the Sea King here in Canada, I'd say that they would retire the helos into Canadian service hehe 

Thanks Peter and yes, just about 3 weeks, the real work starts now....

Rogi, no idea where they are going but if you fancy one you can have one for the price of a new Aston Martin. A choice of three - go for the green one :lol: (you'll need an engine though but they do deliver)

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,95,/77744/Sea_King.htm

Edited by Spasm

9 minutes ago, Spasm said:

Thanks Peter and yes, just about 3 weeks, the real work starts now....

Rogi, no idea where they are going but if you fancy one you can have one for the price of a new Aston Martin. A choice of three - go for the green one :lol:

http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,95,/77744/Sea_King.htm

Lol if I went for a helo/aircraft it would probably be those used mi-24 or the albanian mig-15 ( I think they were selling the 15s at 30k?) 

although, that alvis stormer is cool :D

i'm sure they could part the Sea Kings out for parts and make more, there is a guy here that takes helo engines and converts them onto trucks and tractor trailers lol amazing at car shows. 

Edited by Rogi

• 1 month later...

Just been sent this by an ex member of the Regiment. Here's the blade in it's hand made oak frame (not my work) and on the wall. Looks really good I think...

cfd8a2e1-f61e-4f17-b63d-d11db67ebce2.jpe