News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Infantry Training WW2

From the Stars and Stripes, ETO edition, July 10, 1944:

"The Age of Miricles, It Seems, Is Now Here

George McCann, Chicago railroader, has been in the army just five weeks, but already he has been (1) Given a two week furlough, (2) sent to the ETO, and (3) been made a tech seregant.

McCann reported for induction at Camp Planche, La., last month and immediately received the usual two weeks leave granted selectees. Later he embarked on a brief training program which earned him a T/4 rating.

The drilling over, McCann was rushed to England and upon reporting to the Military Railroad Division was promoted to a five striper."

:beer:

Hello BJOW,

If your recipient entered service in August 1944, he easily could have been trained and deployed in time for the Battle of the Bulge. Always nice to have a named decoration. Jack

Hi Jack, I`m hoping that this could be the case. I have been able to find this information out about him, but thats all, so far.

Robert L. Muckel (Army serial number: 33876554) enlisted on 7 Aug 1944. He was born in 1926 and was from Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.