News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Luftwaffe officers

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the right section to be hosting this, but here goes: I am posting a few photos of Luftwaffe officers and I am hoping that you knowledgeable folk will be able to identify their awards - and perhaps even identify the wearer?! Here is the first one. Does anyone know what awards are displayed on his ribbon bar?

Thanks a lot for all your help,

Matt.

a (272140587923).jpg

Hi Matt,

not simple, but I try it:

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern

?
    ?
    Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

?
    Dienstauszeichnung

Dienstauszeichnung

Medaille 1. Oktober

?
    ?
    ?
    Maybe a better scan from the ribbon bar can help to recognize the rest.

Kind regards
    Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your help. Here is a close-up of the ribbon bar. I am wondering if the 4th medal is the Hanseatic Cross from Bremen? It looks as though the 3rd and 6th awards have a bar across the middle.

test11.JPG

Hi Matt,

I think that number 2 isn´t a KVK but rather a Kronenorden 4 mit Schwertern

number 3 is a Friedrich August Kreuz 2. Klasse mit Bandspange vor dem Feinde

number 4 I agree with you Hanseatenkreuz Bremen

number 6 could be the Kolonialdenkmünze mit Gefechtsspange

Kind regards
    Andreas

Thanks Andreas,

Interesting regarding the KVK - maybe this is the award he is wearing through the button-hole?

I wasn't aware that the Friedrich-August Kreuz came with a clasp! But I'm not an expert on decorations.

Your choice for number 6 appears to be a good shout. I thought it would be easy to find the answer due to the clasp, but such was not the case. The last 3? awards are unfortunately too vague for me to identify. As most of these medals were fairly common I suspect that there were a fair few officers with this combination...

Thanks for your help! :) 

Edited by Mattyboy

Ok here is my second guy :) I posted this ebay photo on another forum but unfortunately didn't have any success there. He is wearing the Prussian Flugzeugführer-Abzeichen, the Eisener Halbmond, the Spanienkreuz with swords, and maybe the Hohenzollern (HHO3x)?

Does anyone know what else?

Thanks,

LWOBST.jpg