News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fake or not, Order of Medjidie

saabsafir

Hi

I recently bought an Order of Medjidie at an auction on a prestigious and renowned auction company. I have tried to find if it is genuine or not and if it is true, I wonder to which class it belongs. Can someone help me with the answer.

Anders

oom.jpg

oom2.jpg

Hi,

It is a nice Medjidie Breast Star most probably 1st Class. But the top part needs allignment (toward left) with the bottom part. The middle rays of the top part need to allign with the longest ray of the bottom. Nice order. Enjoy.

Demir

Yes, as Asvar already mentioned, a very nice Ottoman made breaststar.

Demir, would it not depend on the size of the star whether it is 1st class or 2d class? I always thought that the 1st class stars are larger than the 2d class ones. I have a 1st class star that is 98 cm diameter and a 2d class one that is 88 cm, so 1 cm difference(see picture). Or is that coïncidence?

Anders, look at my stars to see what Demir means with the allignment.

Regards, Pieter

P1020891.JPG

Edited by pieter1012

Hii

Sorry but I did not understand this sentence " Demir, would it not depend on the size of the star whether it is 1st class or 2d class? I always thought that the 1st class stars are larger than the 2d class ones. I have a 1st class star that is 98 cm diameter and a 2d class one that is 88 cm, so 1 cm difference(see picture). Or is that coïncidence? "

There is of course a size difference between 1st and 2nd Class Orders. On the other hand even same classes may have different sizes depending on the maker.  

I said most probably it is a 1st Class Order just looking at the amound of the diamond cuts on the Order. It may not be. There is no second Order to compare.  Saabsafir did not write any measurements at all. So mine was just a guess.

Best wishes

Demir

PS. Your Orders are also beautiful

Thank you all for the information so far.

This is quite small, 76 - 78 mm in diameter, so it makes me a little puzzled what class it can be. Assumed that the first and second class must be larger. But it maybe not be main difference, but there must be more details that distinguish the different classes ate.

Anders

order.jpg

Hi Demir,

sorry if my question confused you. I just wanted to add that the size could determine the class.

Anders, you should measure diameter of the star from point to point. Then, looking at your photo, your star should be around 85 - 86 mm so most likely, a 2d class star.

Regards, Pieter