News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Labor Awards of the USSR

Hi everyone,

to add some company to the few threads in this area, i though, i show some Soviet Labor Awards.

Lets begin with the earliest Labor award, established in September 1928, the Red Banner of Labor. Like the most of the soviet orders the early versions of this award were on a screwback and were changed to a five-sided suspension after the regulations changed in June 1943.

The shown example is a so called "Long Oval" Type 3 variation 2, which was the type, that followed the screwback versions of this order and was still very similar to them. Later versions were smaller like you can see on the comparison with a Type 6 ORBL in the next post.

Edited by Gerd

The next Soviet Labor award, i want to show, is the Order of Labor Glory, which was institutet in January 1974 and was given in three classes. The shown example is a third class (second version). On earlier Examples the Hammer and Sickel were attached with two rivets. Later versions were made in one piece. The obvious difference between the classes is, that the 2nd class has a blue enameled center and the 1st class a red enameled center. Someone, who got all three classes of this order was called a "Cavalier of the Order of Labor Glory" and had the same privileges like a Hero of the Soviet Union.

Edited by Gerd

Guest Darrell

Very nice, Darrel. I can?t see the number on the ORBL, what is it?

Gerd

Hi Gerd,

The number is "89111" ....

Guest Darrell

Eeek ... I have so many I cant remember what I've got ohmy.gif

Oh well ... here is my Valiant Labour as well: smile.gif