News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Finnish 1918 medal bar.

Here's something I picked up a few months ago to add to my collection of 1918 items.

An attributed junior officers medal bar with a Cross of Liberty 4.class, Commemorative medal of the Liberation war 1918 with a combat clasp "Tampere" and the Tampere Cross 1918. It's quite hard in my opinion to find these medal bars that consist only on 1918 awards. Nothing special in awards, just a nice bar in my opinion.

I encourage other forum members to "show off" their Finnish 1918 bars (can be German bars with Finnish awards as well).

11.04.2017 VR4 ripa 1918.ready.png

11.04.2017 VR4 ripa 1918 (2).jpg

Hi Dansson,

good idea to revive Finnish topics :thumbup:

Not easy to find bars with only 1918 decorations. Most what I have, contain medals of 1918 and Winter/Continuation War. But here is something interesting (I hope:) ) Liberation War medal in this 7-pieces medal bar is absent, but we can see here a Heimosotaristi (Cross of the Wars for Kinder Nations) 1918-1922 and Estonian War of Indepedence Medal.

Intersting is here the Lotta Svärd Medal of Merit. Could belong this bar to a woman? (sorry, no documents accompanied).

The Air Force Cross has ILMATORJUNTA clasp (Anti-Aircraft Defence)

regrads
    Tomasz

FIN_Spange7_EA.jpg

FIN_Spange7_ER.jpg

Edited by tompress
    Attaching pictures

It's possibly it could have belonged to a nurse/Lotta Svärd member. Especially women were put into the service of air-observation from the ground so the "Ilmatorjunta" (Anti-aircraft) clasp on the one cross would make sense with the rest of the combination that it's a lady who was the owner of that bar.