News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Artillery Association. Badge number 110. & a buttonhole...

Hi Gents

pair of badges....

not sure of the significance of the 110 - maybe member own number. Surprised even then if it's on back of a cap badge(?)  or collar ?

IMG_2603.thumb.JPG.847c2c21cf7a4f6fdb50571f536acaec.JPG

IMG_2604.thumb.JPG.af74b1562c82b70755ff1694bd7f783d.JPG

IMG_2605.thumb.JPG.d5b9b9dccd7a0c1966edcd1b57da78a9.JPG

Little plate numbered impressed with 110 at the top...

IMG_2609.thumb.JPG.6710a35ac10a6ce14b584e3349ddd4cc.JPG

Hope you like

tony

Tony,

Nice couple of badges you have shown there. The smaller of the two is quite common and I normally see them with a coloured enamel like finish. ( have one somewhere but can't lay my hands on it) The second badge would appear to me to be a beret badge for the Association judging by the lugs on the reverse. Not sure on the number 110,  perhaps an ex Gunner may be able to enlighten us.

All the best Simon.

On 03/09/2017 at 09:34, coldstream said:

Tony,

Nice couple of badges you have shown there. The smaller of the two is quite common and I normally see them with a coloured enamel like finish. ( have one somewhere but can't lay my hands on it) The second badge would appear to me to be a beret badge for the Association judging by the lugs on the reverse. Not sure on the number 110,  perhaps an ex Gunner may be able to enlighten us.

All the best Simon.

Hi Simon

thanks for looking...

it is an 'odd one' isn't it...

a while ago a Vet forum posted pics and it wasn't something they'd seen.

The romantic thought is member number 110....

In your experience do you think that information is available still?

tony

Tony

Difficult to say. Are the numbers 110 impressed or raised? I wouldn't have thought a badge with such a potentially small circulation would have individual number plaques produced and added but more likely a stamping system in use if the number refers to an individual. Could of course just be a Manufacturers badge model number or something similar.

Does anyone know if this badge appears in Kipling and Kings badge book? I don't have a copy I'm afraid.

Simon