News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My own slippery slope, here's to the fightingman

A lot of collectors focus on high ranking awards and personalities. They forget that for every PLM winner there was 10s of thousands of little guys doing the things that lead to the big guy getting his award. So I say let's hear it for the little guy, the enlistedman who stood his ground. The NCO that provided the backbone needed to hang on. And the junior officer who provided that ounce of inspiration at the critical moment to push through and take the trench. They are mostly unknowen to us as they were unknowen to the bigwigs then but when you look at their awards you know they must have believed.

First up, Anhalt.

I'm sure that in thier later years they shared stories over beers about the days of thier youth. I have Brunswick and Saxony on the way.

Hello Don,

A very nice tribute to the Little guys!

love the double Mecklenberg bar!

Looking for a Lippe Detmold bar myself...and a Schaumberg Lippe, and a Mecklenberg Strelitz...and ...and....

the Slippery slope is such fun! :jumping:

Regards

Paul

Edited by notned

Guest Rick Research

Actually Don-- a lot of these could be "either/or" enlisted/officers.

Now when you start thinking about those matching PINBACKS.... :rolleyes:

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Annnd!.... not to mention its another classic example of the HK being added.... as the ribbon furling at reverse shot depicts...it is different from the original two...

ammunition for the archives....but it IS interesting to see that in the interests of economy (perhaps) the tailor just added the HK with a minimum of fuss ( not to mention the minimum of ribbon folding... ) perhaps on a contractor basis....PUMP dem out boy! ....ve must make a profit dis veek!... :)

not many bars we see with HK added are all folded the same way....

its ok...we can live with that...at least they are not FAKES! :)

ooops better get another single malt...calm down boy!

Always interesting IMO to see the Saxon who kept the pre-'35 precedence to his awards, post-'35!

Reminds of Texans that think they are their own country. :P

• 2 weeks later...