News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New Thailand Orders and Medals

cazack

Hello all

Thought I would share some new Thai items I have been lucky enough to purchase.

I can list several items but a few I am not sure of, anyone who can assistance with missing names would be appreciated

photo 1 - Red cross 1st and 3rd class, Thailand Korea war, Chakra Mala Medal, others not 100%sure think medal next to Chakra Mala Medal is a order of the white elephant 7th class, others not sure

photo 2 - Order of the White elephant 5th class, Order of The Crown 5th Class (on wrong ribbons and in German(?) style mount, King Rama IV coronation Medal, 2 x Border service  medals, 1 x WW 2 Victory medal, other 2 not sure

photo 3 - order of the white elephant, Grand Cordon Star (older version I think)

photo 4 - Commemorative Medal of the Royal State Visits to the United States of America and Europe o H.M. King Bhumibol Adulyadej

regards

Caz

picserve.cgi.jpg

picserve.cgi1.jpg

picserve.cgi2.jpg

picserve.cgi3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Caz

Some updates to the medals information:

(upper left to lower right)

photo 1 - Red cross 3rd class, Chakrabarti Mala (15 years service) (with ribbon of Chakra Mala Medal (25 yrs service)), order of the white elephant 7th class, Rama VII coronation medal, 100 yrs Bangkok commemorative medal, Korea service medal, Rama VI coronation, Red cross 2nd class (1st class with clear red enamel cross and usually in gold)

(Issued red cross medals will be attributed with name on the reverse and the year of attribution would also be given, in Thai year B.E.)

photo 2 - Order of the White elephant 5th class & Order of The Crown 5th Class (correct ribbon but worn (yes German style mount so presumably belonged to a German?), King Rama VII coronation Medal (on ribbon of Rama V reign as long as 2x Rama IV), Bangkok 100 yrs commemorative medal (with rare ribbon of WW 1 service), Rama IX coronation medal, 2 x Border service  medals, East Asian Victory medal (WW2 front)

photo 3 - order of the white elephant, Grand Cordon Star (current version –date can usually be found on the reverse hallmark, or perhaps if not stamped on the reverse then under the backplate which may usually be unscrewable but of course be careful – will be 2 digits of Thai year B.E. in Thai numerals)

photo 4 - Commemorative Medal of the Royal State Visits to the United States of America and Europe o H.M. King Bhumibol Adulyadej

Rgds

Dave

Caz

Other hallmarks you might find:

Order of the White Elephant current model may show the maker name and year of manufacture. (both 5th class and 7th class, but 7th class less often)

Order of Crown, previous model, may show the maker name

Chakabarti Mala may show the maker name and year of manufacture

The commemorative medals I never saw hallmarks on.

Rgds

Dave

• 4 months later...

Hello ThaiDave

Stunding foto, is it possible to buy this medal.  One more question I see on the foto indochina medals  com do You have more foto of Red Cross or Red Crescent or Red Lion from thet region.

Best regards

Jovan

Edited by jovanmara