News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Jubilee Medal for the 50th Anniversary of the Kaiser's reign (1848-1898)

JamesBy

Hi,

It should be "Jubiläums - Hofmedaille" - Jubilee Imperial Court Medal. It existed in version for military and civil service. This should be military one and it had three grades - bronze, silver and gold. However I am sorry to say that this medal looks very much like cast therefore it´s just copy.

Regards,

tifes

On Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 18:26, tifes said:

Hi,

It should be "Jubiläums - Hofmedaille" - Jubilee Imperial Court Medal. It existed in version for military and civil service. This should be military one and it had three grades - bronze, silver and gold. However I am sorry to say that this medal looks very much like cast therefore it´s just copy.

Regards,

tifes

Thanks for your reply,and I bought it in a very low price,I just want to know who & when copied it? thank you.

James

Well James, I doubt that anybody can say exactly who is "the manufacturer" but it´s modern low quality copy, basically (sorry for this)...worthless.

Tomas 

• 4 weeks later...

This medal, is a fine, original bronze "Jubiläums-Hofmedaille 1898"; as correctly remebered by Tifes, the triangular ribbon with bar, was for military, while the straight one of narrower width also with years' and suspension bars were for civil servants.

The golden one at the opening of the topic, is a copy that can be attributed to Rothe & Neffe. I remember identical pieces in their shop, back in the late '70s.

Best wishes,

E.L.

Edited by Elmar Lang