News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Indeed! I'v never seen one THAT late before-- and they have "clipped" out the "offending" Royal Bits from the PRINTED "seal" on the document...

you'd have thought with brand new forms, they would simply have used a new printed stamp too! :speechless:

Here is another example of a "wartime security unit" type document

[attachmentid=34115]

G?schel was actually the squad mechanic of Flakzug 136, the most successful German AckAck unit in Palestine during WW1. His unit, of course, did not exist before the war--hence the "vague" description.

Apparently the Allies had a pre-paid P-N subscription. :unsure:

Guest Rick Research

I've never seen an MVK Vorschlag before. I wonder how HE got hold of it? :Cat-Scratch:

The mind boggles how he thought he would/could have been entitled to a 1st Class at all.

The 1931 atempt to snag a free replacement isn't as far-fetched as it might seem though. The Mecklenburg-Strelitz Rolls From Hell confirm that THEY were actually forking over replacements right up to when the roll stopped being kept in 1933.

I've never seen an MVK Vorschlag before. I wonder how HE got hold of it? :Cat-Scratch:

The mind boggles how he thought he would/could have been entitled to a 1st Class at all.

The 1931 atempt to snag a free replacement isn't as far-fetched as it might seem though. The Mecklenburg-Strelitz Rolls From Hell confirm that THEY were actually forking over replacements right up to when the roll stopped being kept in 1933.

Hi,

he was a senior NCO, bicycle messenger, but also head NCO of the 12th Brigade staff. He later recieved a Beamte rank and was responsible for the staff administration of the 16th Bavarian Inf Regt where he seems to have kept the office running in times of stress and crisis.

He seems to have saved quite a few little papers.....

So Ludwig Weiss got his MVK 3 with swords because of: "T?chtigkeit und Unerschrockenheit als Radfahrer der Brigade", at least this is what it says on the Vorschlagliste?! No wonder they turned him down for the 1st class ;) , and no wonder the 3rd class is so common.

P.S.: in english:"Proficiency and intrepidness as bicyclist of the brigade"

Just kidding. A bicycle messenger was no easy job

Edited by medalnet

So Ludwig Weiss got his MVK 3 with swords because of: "T?chtigkeit und Unerschrockenheit als Radfahrer der Brigade", at least this is what it says on the Vorschlagliste?! No wonder they turned him down for the 1st class ;) , and no wonder the 3rd class is so common.

P.S.: in english:"Proficiency and intrepidness as bicyclist of the brigade"

Hi,

During the mobile warfare of 1914 he was a despatch rider carrying messages from the brigade to the front under enemy fire. The brigade saw some heavy action in this period, no easy job!

The 1st class must be related to his work on the staff where he seems to have had a rather important position, all his letters from superiors are glowing reports. From his records he had EK2, wound badge and the bavarian M.V.K. 3rd and 2nd class. (and tried for the 1st).

Hi,

During the mobile warfare of 1914 he was a despatch rider carrying messages from the brigade to the front under enemy fire. The brigade saw some heavy action in this period, no easy job!

The 1st class must be related to his work on the staff where he seems to have had a rather important position, all his letters from superiors are glowing reports. From his records he had EK2, wound badge and the bavarian M.V.K. 3rd and 2nd class. (and tried for the 1st).

This was quicker then I could add the following:

"Just kidding. A bicycle messenger was no easy job"

Anybody who has remotly done some off-road biking can imaging that lead in the air takes all the fun away ;) from biking.

But come on, cut me some slack here. It sounds funny as being German reading this in German: Radfahrer!

Edited by medalnet

Anybody who has remotly done some off-road biking can imaging that lead in the air takes all the fun away ;) from biking.

And no air in those old fashioned tires must have played hell on his haemorrhoids !

To add to his reputation as a pedantic beamte....

In 1919-1920 he was still writing letters to the Govt saying they owed him a bicycle.... there had been none availible when they had gone to war... so he had to borrow/take his fathers.... and now the war was over.... pappy wanted the damned thing back !!!!

Hello,

Nice award documents, i especially like the 1921 dated one from Chris, very nice.

It is said that from the date of 1 april 1921 the awardings continued to be awarded through the "Grosskanzleramt" (from that date it was a part of the Staatsministerium des ?ussern") and the award documents did bear the nice second seal.

In the latest BDOS mag. (nr.42) there is rather nice article that does deal with the after war awardings of these crosses !!!

Cordial greetings,

In the latest BDOS mag. (nr.42) there is rather nice article that does deal with the after war awardings of these crosses !!!

Cordial greetings,

I stopped getting that when they stopped having the centrefold.

Anything interesting in the article?

Best

Chris