News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Project on the Whermacht / Kriegsmarine in Singapore , U-181

Dear All,

I intend to start a project to find all relevent info on the wehrmacht/kriegmarine activities specifically U-181, in Singapore. All of which will then be presented to the Singapore History Museum whom ive already contacted and given their blessings, however i am starting from scratch though ;)

Nonetheless , i WILL DEFINITELY make a homepage at the very least !! :)

So far im in contact with a excellent guy, Herr Rolf-Gunter Kolb , who was a guest of honour of the U-181 reunion, Click here! and now have a list of the crewmen :DClick here !

However i am still WAY SHORT of material to even start an exhibit :banger:

As such i would really appreciate it if any of you guys could provide photocopies/pics/info/etc. of the Kriegsmarine/Wehrmacht , specifically on U-181, in Singapore??

Will keep update to all of you as my research progress.

Cheers,

Ibrahim,

Singapore.

P.S:- One interesting note though is that , according to the museum curator ,Mr Iskandar ,when the Japanese captured Singapore, a copy of the Surrender Of Singapore was given to the German Attache for Adolf Hitler himself but till now it has not been found......

Edited by Ibrahim Ahmad

• 2 weeks later...

Apa kabar Ibrahim

Nice to see a collector from Singapore, I am currently in your neck of the woods.

Funnily enough whilst searching the national archives in singapore on an unrelated WW2 project

I came across 2 pictures of a German U-boat crew on tour.

The 1st pic showed them entering the famous Ford Factory and the other had them in Johor bahru

seeing the Japanese war monument errected on Lido beach.

As to exactly which U-boat they were from I have no idea.

Edited by Raz

• 3 months later...

Apa kabar Ibrahim

Nice to see a collector from Singapore, I am currently in your neck of the woods.

Funnily enough whilst searching the national archives in singapore on an unrelated WW2 project

I came across 2 pictures of a German U-boat crew on tour.

The 1st pic showed them entering the famous Ford Factory and the other had them in Johor bahru

seeing the Japanese war monument errected on Lido beach.

As to exactly which U-boat they were from I have no idea.

Khabar baik Raz,

Ive just sent you an PM.

By the way, you have an excellent site and collection !!

Cheers,

Ibrahim.

I only just noticed your AHF post.

Japanische gedenktafel

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/german_cro...her/ap/apb1.htm

I had never seen that on WA site before. Note the bottom left picture. I only recently discovered where

that Japanese memorial is currently at. After they surrendered locals pushed it in to the sea and it was

only recently re discovered after the works dept did some dredging.

You can now find the top half of it in the Japanese cemetery in Century gardens. I will have to get

a pic although most days the gates are locked.

Edited by Raz

Ibrahim.

Thank you for sharing the website with us. It was a great read. Are all of the photos from your collection?

Do you have your U181 website up yet?

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

Well no, the pictures are from several other collectors, which i will be putting credits to.

The website is not up yet, im the "definitive" type so, once its done in a couple of months , i'll let everyone know !! :beer:

Thanks for the comment ! :D

Cheers,

Ibrahim,

Singapore.